Thursday, September 1, 2011

We're getting close!!!

Today marks 31 weeks pregnant and I can hardly believe it.  Although part of me feels like I've been pregnant forever, the other part feels like it has flown by!  It's almost unreal that in 9 weeks or less we will be holding our baby boy.  I'm at the point where although 9 weeks is plenty of time, all of a sudden I have 5,000 to-do lists laying around the house of things that "need" to be done before the baby gets here.  My mind constantly races about things he'll need.  I often wonder if I forgot anything important on the baby registry or which books I should be reading about after he comes home.  The teacher in me feels like I won't be prepared unless I've read a book about napping and feeding, etc. for newborns. When you're a teacher you have to be trained on EVERYTHING so it kind-of gets to become a habit.

Sleep is becoming more difficult on my own which I guess is God's way of preparing me for the lack of sleep I'll be getting soon.  My nausea has come back (I guess 16 weeks of it at the beginning of pregnancy wasn't enough) so the only good thing about that is the Zofran knocks me out, so it helps with the lack of sleeping.  So that's a positive!

We have 2 baby showers in NC in a couple of weeks and could not be more excited.  Although I dread the ride because of the swelling my feet will do, we have decided to make me a bed in the back of the tahoe, elevating my feet and I'm gonna sleep most of the way.  Kevin's idea...isn't he the best? We can't wait to spend time with family and friends.

Next update on the blog, we will be getting even closer to the arrival of Eli!  :)  Kevin is loving the sound of "daddy" more and more and I can't WAIT to be mommy to more than just muffin.  She's pretty excited about becoming a big sister too. Maybe next time I'll include pictures...we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment