Thursday, November 14, 2013

Our precious baby girl, Evy Alexandria Dunn


 
From the moment we found out I was pregnant again, we were excited.  Then from the moment we found out baby #2 was a girl, we were even more excited.  We weren't one of those couples that were "trying" for a girl.  We just wanted another happy, healthy baby and we honestly would have been happy with another boy too.  However, we felt extremely blessed that this baby was a girl and we would get to see the differences in raising boys/girls that everybody talks about.


The due date for Evy was November 6, 2013 but as the time drew closer to 40 weeks I wasn't sure we were going to make it there.  This pregnancy was so different than the first.  I was still crazy nauseous at first, but held stuff down better than with Eli.  I was much smaller this time than last time and only seemed to be gaining weight in the belly this go around.  I was even able to wear my wedding ring right up until the morning I delivered!  YAY!


So how did little Evy get here?  Well, if you are an adult you know the answer to that, but here are the specifics of her birth story. :) Kevin and I have said the entire time, any day will be fine,except Halloween.  Not that we could control it but we were hoping it wouldn't be then.  Eli was close to 2 weeks late so I had been guessing that Evy was going to be late too.  At my 37 week appointment no progress had been made and the doctor even said I'm guessing your princess is going to arrive late.  GREAT I thought.  The last few weeks are the hardest and as my due date approached I was just getting so much anxiety about whether Evy was ok or not and what decision needed to be made for her health so I just kept praying God would decide for me.
 
On Wednesday, October 30, I had contractions at work all day.  Poor Kristen Bramhall kept hearing about them and I was just feeling uneasy.  I knew they weren't strong enough to be in labor, but they still made me nervous being an hour away from home and the hospital.  On Thursday, October 31, I went into work yet again but this time the contractions were painful and about 15 minutes apart.  Hmm...I called the doctor and the response basically was DUH you are 39 weeks pregnant, definitely leave work and come in. So Bramhall & I switched cars so she could pick up Eli and home I went.  When I got home, I did the standard things to see if the contractions let up or got worse because this time around I knew there wasn't any need to rush into the hospital if they weren't five minutes apart.  They eventually went away and so Kevin & I were bummed that even though it was Halloween, we were so ready to meet and hold this precious baby girl.  I went to bed early, but woke up at about 2:30 in the morning with crazy contractions again!  This time I layed there and timed them for an hour when I woke up Kevin and said "babe, I think this is it."  I've got to go to the hospital. But wait!  We have a toddler who is asleep, he would be crazy in the hospital and the closest person to watch Eli lives an hour away.  So guess who I was?  I was THAT lady.  You know, the one on tv that drives herself to the hospital.  I walked in, went to the desk, and said "Hi.  I'm pretty sure I'm in labor."  She gave me the look to see who was with me.  I said, I'm alone.  So I stood there as she handed me paper work and I finally said, "Do you think I could get a wheelchair?"
 
They rolled me back to monitor progress and after an hour I was being admitted! Kristen came and stayed with Eli, got him ready and took him to daycare. Kevin then brought the bags and joined me in our labor/delivery room where I was already hooked up to IV's and ready to go.  We were in the same room as we delivered Eli...kind-of cool.  We made phone call/texts to family saying "Come on to Florida, we're having a baby!"
 
Kevin's parents jumped in the car and started driving while my parents got a flight.  After several hours of labor, Evy arrived at 3:21 pm.  She weighed & 7 lbs, 2 ounces and was 19 inches long.  She is beautiful and an amazing baby already.  Kevin's parents were here right after she was born and my parents plane landed at exactly 3:21 so they had a text saying "She's here" when they turned their phones back on at the airport.  The days to follow were full of family, pictures and although we had some scary moments in the hospital, Evy is a healthy happy baby girl that already smiles alot and sleeps through Eli screaming, musical toys, clanging pots and pans...anything!  Kevin and I can't believe we have a little Family.  I know we had one with Eli but it still is hard to believe that we have two beautiful children to care for and love.  Eli has been such a good brother to Evy already too. He hasn't been rough or jealous.  He has been pointing to her saying "baby" and bringing her a paci or bottle if she is crying.  I could post a million pictures, but I'll try and narrow them down.















 
Our beautiful family. 
We are in heaven and are so thankful that God chose us to be the parents of these two precious children. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment