Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Evy's first Christmas and Eli's first Santa Visit...

Obviously, with two kids at home and a normal busy life with everyday stuff, my blogs are delayed a little bit but I will catch up. :)  Tonight is the first night in my married life that Kevin has ever gone to bed and I have stayed up in the living room to have "me" time and all I could think about was catching up on stuff for my babies.  I finished my pregnancy picture week by week book, my pregnancy journal and now it's blog time.  With all that said... first up = CHRISTMAS!

This year we were super excited.  We knew that Eli was at the age (2) where he could understand somewhat to expect at Christmas this year.  He could get excited about Santa (Ho, Ho) as he called him and would love opening presents.  Kevin, me, Eli, Evy & Muffin all set off for the 12 hour trip on Friday, December 20th at 4 a.m.  I know it sounds crazy, but we thought the earlier the better because the babies would sleep and it would still be dark out AND since most kids were still in school we could beat travelers and rush hour traffic.  We made it home and the babies were wonderful.

While we were at my parents house, we had a family get together and celebrated Christmas together with my dad's side.  This year was so much fun with that side (not that it isn't normally...but you see I've been the baby on that side of the family for years and now me and Crystal have kids and so we got to watch our babies and it was chaos and FUN).  We also saw several other family members and friends at different times.  My family is always so sweet about coming to my mom and dad's house so we don't have to travel with the kids alot.  ALSO, let's not forget to mention that we were all packed for North Carolina weather...we got there and BAM it was in the 70s.  We were so sad!  We have that in Florida all of the time!  We wanted COLD! But, because of the beautiful weather, Papa got to ride Eli on the lawn mower (which may not sound like a big deal but he has been waiting 2 years to do this) and Evy was sweet as ever as she was passed around from arms to arms.  Our kids were spoiled with presents galore. Every one that Eli opened he responded with "WHOA!"...then the 2 year old came out in him as he would say, "MORE".



No comments:

Post a Comment