Monday, July 22, 2013

Precious family time.

As I've said before, I'm probably one of the few people in the world that wish away my Saturdays.  BUT, I have good reason.  Saturday night when Kevin gets home, that starts our weekend and our family time together. SO...I love Sundays and Mondays.  When I'm working, it's not as fun because we only get one true family day where we are all here together, but during the summer we are all loving it and trying to take advantage of every moment we get.

Yesterday Kevin needed to do some yard work (mowing the grass, trimming the bushes,etc.) since we were gone last weekend and Eli will take any excuse at all for going outside.  The boy loves it.  I have to admit though, it's my favorite word he says.  He looks at you all innocently with those big brown eyes, points to any door in the house that leads to the outdoors and says, "out-thide?"  Then smiles...hoping his cuteness will get you to say yes. 

See what I mean?  How could you say no to that sweetness? I'm loving this stage of Eli's because he is SUCH a tender-hearted, loving and caring little boy.  He walks by me and gives me kisses for no reason.  He sits beside Muffin and says "hi" and then leans over and gives her a kiss too..as he says, "Mah" If I'm sitting in the floor, you can bet when he sees me, he will stop, smile and then run as fast as he can diving into my arms and sitting in ma-ma's lap.
He loves his ma-ma, BUT, he wants to be just like daddy. He follows him around the house and if Kevin drinks water, Eli's thirsty.  If Kevin is sweeping, Eli needs a broom.  If Kevin is moving a box, Eli is going "uhhhh" with his teeth clenched trying to pick up the next one even though it is like twice his weight.

Sweeping...

...getting the hang of it...

"eww" mom he says to the bugs on the front porch. haha.

Back to sweeping because daddy didn't take a break.

Looking like a pro here!

"Got it" he tells me.

Looking tired of sweeping here, lol.

Mini - Kevin.  But isn't this sweet?

Inside mom?  It's hot.

Changed my mind.

Checking out the lawn mower for daddy.

Papa showed me how to fix it once.  "All done" he says.

Big boy, our ray of sunshine.

Another favorite word, "Wook!" as he points to show us something.

"See you" he said.  Perfect for peek-a-boo.

And last but not least, this has nothing to do with yardwork...
just look at those PRECIOUS curls Eli gets at the back of his head when his hair gets the least bit damp.  I love it and will be one sad ma-ma when it comes time to cut those things off.
This post may be boring to some, but to me it was another wonderful family day to make sure I had stored as a "precious memory" to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment