Monday, July 11, 2016

Lots of... Mine

Today is short and sweet.  I love the ages my kids are right now.  I wish (sometimes) I could freeze time right where they are.  Now don't get me wrong...there are lots of :


  • moments of crying
  • moments of explaining things in kid terms
  • moments of "I had that first"
  • moments of "That's mine"
  • moments of me saying things nicely 3 times and then losing my cool
  • moments of "why?"
  • moments of sitting down just to realize someone needs a cup of milk, or a snack or  a blanket or whatever else is on their mind
  • moments of "man, it just got quiet. That's so nice they are playing together" and then you check on them and they are into something they shouldn't be OR you've ruined the nice time playing together and now they follow you
  • moments of "it is SO much work to go anywhere because you have to pack up the car"
BUT then there are lots of moments where I stare at them and think:


  • How did I get so lucky?
  • How did I end up with two beautiful, healthy, happy children?
  • Why was I so blessed when so many people struggle?
  • How can a person love someone else so much it hurts?
  • Moments when tears fill my eyes at the thought of anything ever happening to them.
  • Moments of things said by them that are so sweet and innocent that I hate the thought of them being corrupted by people and the world.
  • Moments where I get so angry because people say things around them that I don't want to have to explain or worry about them copying it. (I want to keep them innocent as long as I can).
  • Moments where they get praying hands and sing the dinner song in the sweetest voices ever that you can't help but smile.
  • Moments where they love each other so much and are so close they get sad when the other child isn't here.
TWhenever I say to someone I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, people respond with "Oh my, you're busy!"  The truth is...Yes, I am...and I have lots of "moments"...but the truth is...these moments are MINE, and I wouldn't have it any other way.



No comments:

Post a Comment