Friday, June 21, 2013

Backing up just a little...Memorial Day Beach Trip

So I've decided that there are lots of times/memories that Kevin & I have had together that are in my head, but nowhere else.  I love scrapbooking, but anything I didn't get finished before we had Eli (which wasn't long after we were married) has been put on hold for a while.  And now any free time is spent on Eli's scrapbooks and soon to be Evy's too!  So...I'm going to start blogging about the past as well as present so that these memories can be printed eventually for my kids and grandkids to have.  I don't want to sound negative about thinking about when I'm not here, but that's one thing I wish I had of done with my grandparents is heard more stories and listened better when they spoke.  Memories shared are so special and you don't always realize that until you can't ask your loved ones those questions.

So...past memory #1 is not that far back...Memorial Day 2013.  Grandma & Granddaddy (Marlene & Wayne) came for a visit and we all went to Pass-A-Grille Beach at St. Pete on Memorial Day.  I should have blogged about it then, but either I forgot or was waiting on pictures.  Blogs are better with pictures! :)  Eli LOVED the beach, well most of it.  We took his kiddie pool and he played there a lot.  By the end of the trip it looked more like a mud pit really but he didn't care.  He LOVED getting into the ocean and would have dove right in if we hadn't of been holding onto him.  He waved at everyone he saw and said "hi" and at one point had about 5 kids around him (who were like 6 or 7 years old) all talking to him.  The pictures tell the rest!

Eli had on his flag shirt for Memorial Day.

Chillin' in the pool.

Grandma & Granddaddy's favorite spot...in the shade. :)

His first time in the ocean.  Love his expression.

Tired little boy towards the end of the day.

Granddaddy helping him up.

Grandma walking around and Eli waving at kids.

Family Beach Photo 

Mr. Independent.

Walking up & down the beach with daddy.

Enjoying the water.


Worn slam out on the ride home, with his book in hand.

Watching "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" on the way there.

A pretty hotel right on the beach when we first arrived.




No comments:

Post a Comment