Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 10th, 2013 - A day to Remember.

Nana & Papa were in town (they came in on Friday) and I had forgotten that I had a doctor's appointment on Monday - June 10th.  On Saturday, mom & I had a "girls day" out and about while Kevin worked and my dad watched Eli.  Our girls day was basically mom spoiling me while we shopped for Maternity clothes and just caught up on things we had been too busy to talk about lately.  I tried on a million clothes and even found a few out of the pile that I liked! :)  It started pouring rain on us and we had to wait it out to get to the car and once we decided to go for it we made some memorable moments getting soaked trying to make it to the parking lot.  It was a good day.

On the way home, it dawned on me that I had a doctor's appointment Monday and so OF COURSE Nana started saying, "I wonder if they can do an ultrasound and we can find out if the baby is a boy or girl?"  I didn't know if it was possible but was willing to ask.

On Monday, I went in at 8:00 for a routine check-up with no hopes of finding out the gender.  The doctor had told us last visit that we would find out on July 8th when we were 22 weeks and took a detailed look at the heart, spine and brain.  When I got taken back to the room it was the one with the ultrasound machine.  I thought "Hmm, I don't want to sound stupid, but am I getting an ultrasound?"  So I asked the nurse.  She responded, "Yeah, it should be the gender ultrasound today at 19 weeks."  I told the lady that my mom was in town and that it was her birthday.  (Ok, so it wasn't EXACTLY her birthday, but it was on the 5th.)  So she said I should call my mom and ask her to come down there since the doctor was running late.  Mom got ready in 5 minutes (which is unbelievable for my mom) and was there within 10 minutes in the room. 

When the doctor came in he spoke with me like usual, went over information, measured and then said ok so the big ultrasound next time right?  I was like "your nurse said we were having one today so I even called my mom to come down for it.  Is that possible?"  He exhaled but said ok. He's awesome by the way.  We had the ultrasound and at the very last moment he said Everything looks great.  I was like and..... He said yes?  I was like boy or girl?!?!  He said Oh you wanted to know gender.  I was thinking DUH but simply said yes please!  He said well...I don't see any boy parts at all, IT'S A GIRL! :)  My mom and I looked at each other like is he for real?  Did he just say girl?

We wanted to do more than just tell Kevin & Dad that it's a girl so we went straight to Publix, got 2 balloons "It's a boy" and "It's a girl".  When we walked in they both stared intently and then dad said "oh crap...we still don't know." (Haha). Eli saw the balloons and came running.  So I told the guys, well whichever balloon I'm still holding is what we are having... and then I handed Eli the "It's a boy."  Kevin said "It's a girl?!?"  I said YES and we were all so happy.  Eli ran circles around the "It's a girl" balloon once I gave him that one and the rest of us just couldn't believe it really is a girl. 








No comments:

Post a Comment