Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Break 2013

I am so amazed at the number of people that have told me they were sad that I hadn't been updating my blog lately.  I had no idea that many people read it! :)  Makes me happy and makes me feel guilty too,  SOOOO I'll try to do better.

Over spring break, we went to NC and got to see lots of family and friends.  I am always in awe of how many people love us enough to drive to visit when we are there.  We started out visiting with my family.  Sometimes I feel bad they always have to come to us, but hopefully they understand.  Eli did wonderful on the trip there and back, crying a total of 5 minutes.  We had lots of time with Uncle Cory & Aunt Chelly and he got spoiled like crazy by everyone.  Eli loved all of the people and wasn't shy one bit.  I think he danced for every single person as they came in the door.  He greeted them with a short "hey" and then went straight to the tv to show off his dance moves.

I think the highlight of the trip for me ,was when there were about 20 people sitting in my mom and dad's living room and the wiggles was on.  Eli's favorite song is "everybody clap (they clap three times) everybody sing (la,la,la,la,la) hands in the air, rock-a-bye your bear, bear is now asleep (shh, shh, shh).  When the singing part came on, he had done it so many times for everyone that the entire living room broke out in LA,LA,LA,LA,LA.  It was hilarious.  A true memory to share with Eli as he gets older.  I wish I had that moment on video.



Eli loved sitting in mommy's rocking chair from when she was little.

Having a blast.

Playing on Uncle Cory's horse from when he was little, "bucky."

Somehow he let Uncle Cory get him to sleep like a baby.  He never lets us do that.

And you can bet he will find every small space there is to sit in.
Nana & Papa always spoil him rotten and he never goes lacking when they are around.  We had a wonderful time and hated to leave.  Eli got to finally spend time with his Nanny & Granny and they just loved it and went on and on about how much he had grown and how much they missed him.
 
Next stop was Kevin's family where Eli got to participate in his first Easter Egg Hunt with both sides of Kevin's family.  He went along with it, carrying his baseball easter basket, but then ended up trying to fill it with rocks.  Walker, his cousin, was so sweet finding himself an egg and then putting one in Eli's basket, but Eli would just take it out and put it on the ground.  He didn't quite understand the process yet.  He just loved running around outside with all of the kids.
 
Then he got lots of time with Will & Walker while we visited there.  It's always so much fun watching the 3 boys play together and his cousins sure do love playing with him.  They played inside and outside, they danced and ran, they laughed and clapped.  They even did a photo session together.  Here are a few photos from it.

 
Eli also got to ride a tractor with his granddaddy for the first time and boy did he love it!  He liked it so much that he threw a fit when we tried to take him off of it, so Granddaddy had to keep going for quite a while.  He was so at peace on that tractor and if I'm not mistaken, I think Granddaddy might have enjoyed that time too...just a little bit. 
 
It was a wonderful visit and like usual, we love to visit but hate to leave. 
However, there is no place like home. :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment