Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Surprise...What?!?

So I blogged about our Spring break trip to NC, but I left out one important detail...the big bombshell we dropped on our families. :)

Yep, Eli is going to be a big brother in November.  The due date is the 6th right now, but Eli's was the 3rd and he didn't come until the 11th...AND that was because he had to! So we shall see when this little one decides to arrive.

We knew when we saw our families that we couldn't hide it.  1- we had already known 2 weeks at this point and 2 - I was crazy sick so it would have been obvious.

We started at my parents house and got settled in, let them visit with Eli for a few and then kevin got something out of the car.  I told mom & dad that I had been thinking and that because they lived so far away they never got "art" from Eli to hang on the fridge and they do alot of that at daycare now.  So I handed my mom a picture of a cute Leprecaun (however you spell it) that Eli had finger painted and said, "this can be from your grandson to put on the fridge." and then I said and you might want a picture from your other grandbaby to put on the fridge too and handed her the ultrasound. :)  My mom , before even looking at the picture, looked at me and said , "what?"  I don't think it sank in.  So I repeated and said here is a picture from grandbaby # 2...it's an ultrasound.  And she again said "What?"  I said mom we're pregnant! and her and dad were both like oh my gosh! With the biggest eyes I've ever seen.  They said they had no idea because since we had already planned a visit it didn't even dawn on them that we would be surprising them with this good news.  They of course were very happy. :)

For Kevin's family, we left my parents house and actually went to the Photography studio so Eli could have a few pictures taken while we were there.  When we got to the studio, they had picked up some lunch and were waiting on us to eat.  Kevin's family has an easter egg hunt sometimes and they had planned one with both sides of the family since we were coming home.  His family has a tradition of having a lucky egg and the kid that finds it, gets a prize.  SO...to tell them, we sat down to eat and I said , "oh wait a second...can you guys (Kelly, Mrs. Marlene & Mr. Wayne) please look at these lucky eggs and tell me if what we put in them in fine?"  They all got an egg and looked at me like I was crazy...so I was fumbling for words and said, "Kevin was telling me something about a lucky egg and we had to put something in it and so I want to see if this is ok, because if not we need to run to the store while we are out."  At this point I was ready to just say OPEN THE EGG because I couldn't believe I had held a straight face this long! So they all opened the eggs, and we heard gasps and saw huge smiles.  They were very excited!  Mrs. Marlene says she had a feeling that we were going to tell them that when we came home.... I think she was just hoping. :)

It was so much fun telling our parents in person instead of having to tell them over the phone.  I am thankful for God's timing.  So far, everything is going great with baby #2 and we keep praying it stays that way.  Have I mentioned I love being pregnant? :)  I really do!

No comments:

Post a Comment