Monday, January 21, 2013

2 for 1....#20

So today will have to be 2 posts because yesterday was so crazy I didn't get time to blog.  I had a scary mommy moment.  Eli (2 weeks ongoing now) had yet again another fever of 102.6 yesterday.  After calling the doctor, she basically said we have already changed his antibiotic twice and he's not responding.  Bring him in tomorrow (Monday) and we will have to do blood tests and possibly admit him to the hospital for IV's and more extensive tests.

Well, we've been very blessed this far and the worst we (Kevin and I) have had to deal with has been ear infections and some breathing treatments. Poor Eli had an awful night, the third switch of medicines had his poor tummy hurting so he was up from 1:00 am until around 5:30 am where he finally gave up in our bed.  Needless to say I just stared at him with tears in my eyes thinking of how I was going to handle my sweet boy hooked up and held down for IV's and tests.

 
But, then I was reminded how blessed I am and it is true.  I don't know how all of you parents have handled seeing your children in the hospital when they were first born or even afterwards with serious problems.  The thought was awful to me, but I pray I never have to deal with anything major and I respect all of you that have or had to at some point in your child's life.  When they hurt, we hurt...

No comments:

Post a Comment