Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What a day! # 22

All of you that read my blog will be happy to hear that things should be looking up from here...at least we hope it continues to get better and that this is not a cruel trick.  After all of the new medicines and a VERY rough night yet again, I left for work in tears this morning.

Now I need to mention that since everything has been going on, I called my parents in tears, worried to death about Eli at one point, and they worked it out so that literally the next day, my dad flew here to Florida to help me and Kevin with our sick little boy.  A lot of people are fortunate enough to have family close by, but it's sometimes difficult when you are on your own in another state.  BUT I am fortunate enough that both of my parents at the drop of a hat would have been down here next day if I needed them.  Since we just needed a little help, dad decided to come this trip and mom would come down if we needed her even though it is killing her to not be here as well.


Dad & Kevin took Eli to the doctor today for round #2 of antibiotic shots and to check on him (one reason I was teary eyed was because I was feeling guilty for being at work while my son was going through this).  The doctor said she could already see improvement in Eli's ears and that after the breathing treatments he sounded much looser. PRAISE THE LORD!

He took the shots like a champ, didn't even cry, and then came home and had a wonderful day.  He had a rough patch when I got home this afternoon, but I think it was because by this time he had received 4 shots in various spots in his legs and he was aching. So after a little tylenol, he was running around, talking on my dad's telephone, chasing Muffin and eating like there was no tomorrow.  This little boy went from barely eating the past 2 weeks to eating a total of 10 chicken nuggets today, almost an entire bowl of raisins, and about half a can of gerber cheetos.  YAY for an appetite, especially with all these meds going on.

SO, thank you for all of the prayers and messages, but we made it and seem to be on the road to recovery.  There is nothing like seeing your baby smile at you and babble non-stop.  Music to my ears. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment