Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013

Well in 2012 I did a lot of good things, but keeping up with this blog sure wasn't one of them.  That's one of my goals because this is such a good way of keeping up with what was going on with life gets crazy busy.

The past couple of days we have had Kevin's whole family here : Wayne, Marlene, Glenn, Kelly, Will & Walker.  It has been a whirlwind of a visit.  Christmas exchanging the first day, shopping one, day, Sea World another, and ending with Disney, but this trip was different than the rest.  First off, Glenn & Walker have never been to our house in Florida so that was exciting AND it was Eli and Walker's first time to Disney World.  Glenn & Kelly and Kevin & I even got a night out on the town together kid free (the first time just the four of us ever)!

Kevin and I like living in Florida, even though we are far away from family, because not many people can say they can take their kids to Disney or Sea World or any of theme parks anytime they like.  Everyone wants to choose the "right" age so they remember and it's worth it.  So we are very fortunate to go multiple times and see it through Eli's eyes hopefully several times.  It made me excited for the future (even though I'm not trying to rush Eli growing up) to see it through Walker's eyes.  He got SO excited at Disney when the parade came through.  He was yelling "Hi Goofy!" and then just grinning when Goofy waved at him.  He even blew Minnie a kiss and asked me if I thought she got it.  Walker had his little fingers in his mouth because he was so nervous on the Jungle Cruise because it seemed so real to him, and if you've ever been on the Jungle Cruise you know it's about as unreal as it comes.  It's neat, but definitely different for a kid.

We always wait for family to visit and count down the days and then once they are here it flies by.  But I have to say this was one trip that will be remembered by all (except Eli) for a while and I couldn't think of a better way to ring in the new year.

So bring on 2013....I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment