Friday, January 4, 2013

Sleeping Beauty...well kind of #4

I guess I can't really call Eli sleeping beauty since he's a boy, but it kind of fits because I think he is a beautiful child and he was sleeping...

This morning amazed me.  It's my last Friday before I return to work and I'm feeling the pressure of returning on Monday.  I couldn't go to sleep last night because I kept thinking I need to do lesson plans and everything else on my work "To-do list" so that I can go back and be ahead!  However, it is turning out to be a great day.

At 10:00 the door bell rang and it was a jolly old man with white hair. He honestly reminded me of Santa Claus and he was here to tune my piano.  Kevin, as part of my Christmas presents, has arranged for this man, Scotty (how appropriate huh?) to come and do this and I was in tears I was so excited.  My piano is precious to me and has been through the ringer.  It was the one my mom started playing on and when I moved from Creswell to Benson, they allowed me to take it with me.  Then it made the move from Benson to Wilmington, and last but not least from Wilmington to Florida.  If you know anything about pianos then you know this piano was in dire need for a tune up.  It hasn't had one since it was in Creswell.

However, it was 9:30 and Eli just went down for a nap.  Really I thought?  Now? I was so excited I wasn't about to ask this man to come back later, but I didn't want Eli's nap messed up either.  Oh well...we will just see how it goes and I will deal.  So as I sat here on the couch, Scotty pressed every key loudly (at least it seemed loud at the time) and I had the monitor right beside me...waiting, holding my breath and guess what?  Eli slept through the entire thing.  With the piano up against the wall of Eli's room, Scotty played and tuned and played and tuned some more and still no baby cries!

So...success!  The piano sounds amazing and Eli got a complete nap out.  He even woke up in a good mood, just like usual.  He ate a full lunch of chicken nuggest and corn and was ready to play.  I'd say the rest of this day is bound to be good as well because Eli was such a sleeping beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment