Saturday, January 5, 2013

No, No & No...#5

Well, first off I'm pretty impressed that I have kept up so far, BUT I haven't gone back to work yet either.  It will get much harder come Monday.  I'm not really sure why, but the past couple of posts  hasn't allowed me to add pictures so I'm sorry if it's not as interesting. I'll work on it.

Anyways, the title has been my vocabulary today.  My little Eli is the biggest daredevil out there.  He is not afraid of anything yet.  His newest trick today was climbing on the hood, yes hood, of the car he got for his birthday.  He's suppossed to ride in it, but instead today he kept climbing on the hood of it, sitting on his knees and THEN pressing the gas to try and go forward.  I'd say, "Eli...no" and he'd babble something like he was explaining why he had to do it, then when I'd say, "I'm sorry, you can't" then he'd get on his knees in the floor, and put his head on the hood of the car and cry looking at me the entire time like I was the worst mom ever.  He has the most tender heart that he cries anytime ANYONE tells him no.  You can even say it nicely and he just starts balling.  Maybe that means he won't be stubborn...we shall see.

But this is my first insight as to it only getting harder as he gets older.  Maybe the sleeping, eating, diapers, etc. get easier as he grows up, but being responsible for this little life and making sure their decisions are safe, smart and honorable will only be more challenging.  For now, I'm just bracing myself for the "terrible twos" because I have a feeling "No, no, no" will be in my vocabulary a lot more...

No comments:

Post a Comment